The 1st of Muharram, Martyrdom of Umar (may Allah be pleased with him)


1st Muharram, Shahadat of Umar R.A
1st Muharram

When Sayyiduna Umar was stabbed by Abu Lulu Feroz Majusi, he was fed milk that came out from his ribs.

The doctor said:

O Commander of the Faithful! Make a will because you can no longer live.

Sayyiduna Umar called his son Abdullah and said:

Bring to me Huzaifa bin Yaman. Hudhayfah bin Yaman was the companion to whom the Messenger of Allah told the list of the names of the hypocrites, which no one knew except Allah, the Messenger of Allah and Hudhayfah.

When Huzaifah (may Allah be pleased with him) appeared, Amir al-Mu'minin Sayyiduna Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) said while the blood flowed from his ribs, Huzaifah! I swear to you by Allah, did the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) take my name among the hypocrites or not?

Hudhayfah Radiyallahu Anhu started crying and said:

O Commander of the Faithful! This is the secret of the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, I cannot tell it to anyone until I die.

Sayyidna Umar, (may Allah be pleased with him), said: Huzaifa! Undoubtedly, this is the secret of the Messenger of Allah, (peace be upon him), just tell me whether the Messenger of Allah, (peace be upon him), has included my name in the list of hypocrites or not.

Huzaifa's hiccups stopped, crying and saying: O Omar! I am only telling you that if there was anyone else besides you, I would never have opened my tongue. I would only tell you that the Messenger of Allah, (may Allah bless him and grant him peace), did not include your name in the list of hypocrites.

Upon hearing this, Sayyidna Umar, (may Allah be pleased with him), said to his son Abdullah: Abdullah, now only one matter of mine remains in the world. Son said: Father, tell me what kind of case it is.

Sayyiduna Omar Radiyallahu said, Son, I want to be buried by the side of Rasoolullah and Abu Bakr Radiyallahu Anhu. Oh my son! Go to Umm al-Mu'minin Aisha and ask her permission that Umar wants to be buried next to his companions. Yes, son, don't tell Aisha that it is the ruling of Ameerul Momineen, but say that your son Umar is a petitioner from you.

Umm al-Mu'minin Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) said, "I reserved this place for my grave, but today I am giving it up for life."

Abdullah returned satisfied and told his parents about the permission, Sayyidna Umar, may Allah be pleased with him, put his face on the ground after hearing this. He looked at the side and said why did you lift this forehead from the ground.

Put this face back on the earth, Umar will be destroyed for life if his Lord does not forgive him on the Day of Resurrection. ! May Allah have mercy on you Omar

Sayyiduna Umar, may Allah be pleased with him, departed from this house after leaving this will to his son Abdullah:

When my funeral is taken up and my funeral is recited in Masjid Nabawi, keep an eye on Huzaifa because he may have disrespected me by breaking his promise, but pay attention to whether he also recites my funeral or not?

 If Hudhayfah recites my funeral, take my dead body to the house of the Messenger of Allah, may God bless him and grant him peace, and stand at the door and say: O Umm al-Mu'minin! O mother of the believers, the body of your son Umar has come to ashes. Yes, even here, remember not to say Ameerul Momineen, Aisha is very shy of me. If you give permission to Aisha, then fine, if not, then let me be buried in the Muslim cemetery.

Abdullah bin Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) says, "When my father's funeral was carried out, my eyes were on Huzaifa. Huzaifa came and read the funeral of Abajan." I was satisfied after seeing this and took the dead body of Abajan towards the house of Ayesha Radiyallahu Anha, where the two companions of Abajan were resting.

Standing at the door, I said:  يا أمّنا، ولدك عمر في الباب هل تأذنين له؟

Mother John (dear)! Your son Umar is standing at the door, do you allow him to be buried?

Uma Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) said: Marhaba (welcome), may Amirul Momineen be blessed for being buried with his companions. May God bless him and grant him peace

May Allah be pleased with Umar, who filled the earth with justice, yet who fears Allah so much, despite the fact that the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, gave Umar the good news of Paradise.

"The 1st of Muharram, Martyrdom of Umar"

Post a Comment

5 Comments

Please let me know, if you have any doubt....